Social media blitz: Paid Sick Days now!
We have a key opportunity right now to win 10 permanent employer-paid sick days in Ontario.
On November 28, members of the provincial parliament will vote on Bill 4, Stay Home If You Are Sick Act, 2022. We want every party in the Legislative Assembly - including the Ontario Conservative Party - to vote in favour of this basic employment right.
The Stay Home if You Are Sick Act would:
- give employees in provincially regulated workplaces the right to 10 annual employer-paid days of personal emergency leave;
- provide an additional 14 days of paid leave during an infectious disease emergency; and
- eliminate the need for doctors’ notes.
There is virtually universal support for paid sick days, but we need to organize this sentiment into a powerful movement if we are to convince the Ontario government to close the gap on paid sick days.
On Monday, November 28 - the day of the vote - let's turn up the heat by doing the following:
- Print this sign at home
- Take a photo of yourself holding up the sign
- Share on social media using the hashtag #Justice4Workers #PaidSickDays and tag @fordnation @MonteMcNaughton @SylviaJonesMPP
Let’s make our support for Bill 4 known to our representatives. This social media action will create pressure on decision makers as they vote on Bill 4 on November 28.