Workshops will be provided in Punjabi, Spanish and English.
9:30 am to 10:00 am: Registration and snacks
10:00 am to 12:00 pm: Choose either:
Getting Started: Reviewing the Agenda for Decent Work
- Why decent work is a matter of racial justice
- Where our demands come from and why they matter to our communities
- Why must we build power and not simply rely on elected representatives to do it for us?
Building our base: Effective outreach and follow-up
- Growing our movement means follow-up
- Engagement: Building the confidence of new leaders
- Learning, testing, assessing, and trying again
12:00 noon to 1:00 pm: Lunch & local keynote speakers
1:00 pm to 3:00 pm: Choose either:
Busting the Big Business BS
- Dealing with difficult questions from the minimum wage to how we make change
- Who creates wealth and how do we close the wealth equity gap?
- Common myths about raising the minimum wage
MPP visits as an organizing strategy
- Demonstrating our power from rallies to phone zaps and from petitions to MPP visits.
- How do we show our power when we meet with MPPs?
- Know Your Rights workshops as organizing strategies to build workers’ confidence in the workplace.