Phone Zap: 10 Permanent Paid Sick Days Now!
Who to call
- Premier Doug Ford: 416-325-1941
- Minister of Labour Monte McNaughton: 416-326-7600
- Minister of Health Sylvia Jones: 416-327-4300
- Click here to find your MPP: ola.org/en/members
Suggested talking points
Hello, my name is NAME and I live in CITY.
I’m calling because workers urgently need 10 permanent paid sick days. This is an essential life-saving public health measure, especially now that we’re in a seventh COVID wave.
Extending the WIPB is not enough. 3 days are inadequate and they can only be used for COVID-related reasons.
I am asking you to immediately legislate 10 permanent paid sick days that are employer-paid, and an additional 14 days during public health emergencies.
My phone number is PHONE NUMBER and my mailing address is ADDRESS and I would like a response.
- Send an email to Ontario Premier Doug Ford, Labour Minister Monte McNaughton, and Health Minister Sylvia Jones: justice4workers.org/wipb_expiry
- Send a personal email note to 5 friends asking them to do the same.
Let Premier Ford know you want action on paid sick days by sending out a tweet using the following tags:
@fordnation @MonteMcNaughton @SylviaJonesMPP
#Justice4Workers #PaidSickDays #ONpoli