Take action this weekend to fix EI and win status for all
Thanks to your organizing, we've put Employment Insurance back on the Federal government’s agenda. It's time to make sure EI actually works for workers.
But there's no guarantee the government will implement the changes that workers need. And the corporate pushback has already started. If we want to make sure Trudeau gets it right, we need to keep the pressure on.
Here are four ways to take action to #FixEI
1. Join an in-person action on Monday, December 19 in the following cities. Click here to RSVP and for more information.
- Ontario: Brampton, Toronto, and Windsor
- Newfoundland & Labrador: St. John’s
- Prince Edward Island: Charlottetown
2. Spread the word online
- Print and post a solidarity selifie with our sign
- Download and share the EI Holiday Wish List
- Remember to tag @JustinTrudeau, @CQualtro and @cafreeland and with hashtags #FixEI, #Justice4Workers, #CdnPoli.
3. Email or call your local Member of Parliament
4. Mail an EI Holiday Card to Prime Minister Justin Trudeau (no postage required)
International Migrant’s Day Weekend
This weekend is an important weekend in the fight for #StatusForAll. Not only is Sunday, December 18 International Migrants Day, it is also the one-year anniversary of Prime Minister Trudeau promising to provide permanent immigration status for undocumented migrants in Canada.
But despite Trudeau's promise for legal protections in the near future, migrants are still being deported across Canada. That's why we need you help this weekend to:
1. Send an email: Nearly 22,000 people have sent messages to Cabinet Ministers. Please keep signing and sharing the Migrant Rights Network's email tool at www.StatusForAll.ca.
2. Poster up a Cabinet Minister's community office. Download posters here.
3. Leave a voice message for Prime Minister Trudeau and Cabinet Ministers. Here's a list of phone numbers and talking points.
4. Send an organizational letter: If you are part of a organization, use this template to send a letter to all Cabinet Ministers.
5. Join an action in your community:
FRIDAY, December 16
TORONTO, ON - RSVP
10am, Friday, December 16, 2022
511 Lawrence Avenue West, Minister Marco Mendicino’s Office
Rally to stop the deportations and call for Status for All
SHEDIAC, NB - RSVP
11am, Friday, December 16, 2022
328 Main St Suite I, Minister Dominc LeBlanc’s Office
Letter Delivery for Status for All
SUNDAY, December 18
VANCOUVER, BC - RSVP
9:30am, Sunday, December 18, 2022
700 Hamilton Street, In front of CBC, near Vancouver Public Library
Commemorating International Migrants Day and Calling for Status for All
ALBERTA - RSVP
6pm, December 18, 2022
Online. Film Screening and Panel Discussion
MONDAY, December 19
MONTREAL, QC - RSVP
Monday, December 19, 2022, 2 to 5 pm
3200 Rue Jean-Brillant, room B-4290, Université de Montréal.
Public Debate on the Campaign for the Regularization of Non-status Migrants. In-person and online via Zoom & Facebook.