Decent work organizing meeting
This meeting will be held online using Zoom and there will be ASL and live captions in English provided.
Thanks to your incredible effort, there is growing momentum for a $20 minimum wage; for 10 paid sick days plus an additional 2 weeks during pandemics; for equal pay; and for real protections for frontline workers, including gig workers, temp agency workers, part-time workers and casual workers.
Your participation at the next meeting is crucial. Here are the breakout groups we'll be hosting at Tuesday's meeting:
- Federal issues: Emergency Income Support; Status for All; Indigenous justice; Employment Insurance
- Paid sick days: Keep fighting for provincial and federal laws
- Early Childhood Education: Organizing for safe and healthy child care from decent wages, workplace protections and paid sick days
- Occupational Health & Safety & Injured Workers: Section 21; Workers Safety and Insurance (Workers compensation)
- Organizing for decent work: Ending misclassification, Protections for gig workers; Equal pay for the part-time, contract, and temp agency workers; Just cause protection for all
- ASL - Organizing for decent work: Workers at the Bob Rumball Centre for Excellence for the Deaf (CUPE 4263) in Milton will lead this breakout group on local organizing that will be conducted in American Sign Language and English