ONTARIO: ALL OUT for Paid Sick Days
We have a key opportunity right now to win 10 permanent employer-paid sick days in Ontario by demanding all MPPs support Peggy Sattler’s Bill 4, Stay Home If You Are Sick Act, 2022. This legislation is up for debate in mid-November and we want every party in the Legislative Assembly - including the Ontario Conservative Party - to vote in favour of this basic employment right.
On Thursday, November 10, we can show support for Bill 4 by taking over social media.
The Stay Home if You Are Sick Act would:
- give employees in provincially regulated workplaces the right to 10 annual employer-paid days of personal emergency leave;
- provide an additional 14 days of paid leave during an infectious disease emergency; and
- eliminate the need for doctors’ notes.
There is virtually universal support for paid sick days but we need to organize this sentiment into a powerful movement if we are to convince the Ontario government to close the gap on paid sick days.
On Thursday, November 10, we can raise awareness by doing the following:
- Download this poster
- Take a photo of yourself holding up the sign
- Share on social media using the hashtag #Justice4Workers #PaidSickDaysNow and tag @fordnation @MonteMcNaughton @SylviaJonesMPP
Every post is important!