Postering to support healthcare workers - St. Joseph's Hospital
Help paint the province pink to show our support for nurses and healthcare workers heading into bargaining. Meet us at the Northwest corner of Roncesvalles Ave & Marion St at 4pm. From there, we will head out together to put up posters showing support for nurses and healthcare workers in the area around St Joseph's Health Centre.
From hospitals to home care and from clinics to long-term care, nurses and health workers are standing up for:
- More staffing and better patient care;
- Decent working conditions and less burnout; and
- Publicly-funded and publicly-delivered health care for all.
We know that decent work and wages are the foundation of quality patient care in our public health care system. At the same time, COVID has shown us that safe and healthy workplaces for everyone - including at least 10 employer-paid sick days for all - are a matter of public health. When we all have safe and healthy work, there’s less workplace contagion, fewer injuries, and more time to actually recover from illness. Decent work saves everyone money and takes the pressure off our public health care system.
That's why we're asking YOU to support nurses -- and all health workers -- who are negotiating fair wages and working conditions. When nurses and health workers win their demands, it makes it easier for all of us to demand -- and win -- decent work and wages and good public health care.
Together we can:
- Stop wage suppression laws (like Bill 124) preventing workers from earning fair wages;
- Win employer-paid sick days for all of us, whether we're part-time or full-time workers; and
- Secure decent hours and paid time off so we all have time for friends and family.