TORONTO IN-PERSON: Organizer Training
We’re so excited to be hosting this organizer training in person!
We’ll be learning about why our decent work demands are so important to our communities and how we can build a strong, powerful movement to win them.
We can’t wait to see you in person!
9:30 am to 10:00 am: Registration and snacks
10:00 am to 12:00 pm: Choose either:
Getting Started: Reviewing the Agenda for Decent Work
- Why decent work is a matter of racial justice
- Where our demands come from and why they matter to our communities
- Why must we build power and not simply rely on elected representatives to do it for us?
Building our base: Effective outreach and follow-up
- Growing our movement means follow-up
- Engagement: Building the confidence of new leaders
- Learning, testing, assessing, and trying again
12:00 noon to 1:00 pm: Lunch & local keynote speakers
1:00 pm to 3:00 pm: Choose either:
Busting the Big Business BS
- Dealing with difficult questions from the minimum wage to how we make change
- Who creates wealth and how do we close the wealth equity gap?
- Common myths about raising the minimum wage
MPP visits as an organizing strategy
- Demonstrating our power from rallies to phone zaps and from petitions to MPP visits.
- How do we show our power when we meet with MPPs?
- Know Your Rights workshops as organizing strategies to build workers’ confidence in the workplace.