Building Worker Power
Because of you, the movement for decent work is growing! Workers are gaining the confidence to demand paid sick days for all; $20 minimum wage; adequate income supports; equal pay for equal work; protections for temp agency workers; status for all and so much more! But if we're going to win we're going to need to sharpen our skills and engage more people in our communities.
In this online training series, you'll get all of the tools you need to build the movement for decent work in your neighbourhood and workplace.
Please RSVP below to receive the link to join online.
10:00 am to 12:00 pm – Module A: Getting Started: Reviewing the Agenda for Decent Work
12:00 pm to 12:30 pm - BREAK
12:30 pm to 2:00 pm – Concurrent Sessions: Choose either module B or C
Building Worker Power - Organizer Training
Module A - Getting Started: Reviewing the Agenda for Decent Work
• Why is our agenda is a racial justice agenda?
• What is the Workers’ Action Centre and where did these demands come from?
• Why do these issues matter to our communities?
• How do we build and grow power together?
• Taking action together
Module B - Busting the Big Business BS
• How to deal with difficult questions from the minimum wage to how we make change
• Common myths about raising the minimum wage
• Who creates wealth and how do we close the wealth equity gap
Module C - MPP visits as an organizing strategy
• Creating pressure by organizing from below
• Organizing in every riding: From social media to phone zaps and from petitions to local rallies
• Using MPP visits to build power
Module D - Essential lessons: Outreach and follow-up (coming in March)
• Growing our movement means follow-up
• Building power means building the confidence of new leaders
• Action, assessing, learning, and trying again
Can't make this session? Don't worry there are more sessions available: